Monday

A baby-step closer to the more successful you

Can you imagine, today, this moment, running a marathon? I mean this moment, walking away from your computer...walking out the door and running 26.2 miles?

Well even if you are in marathon shape, I'll bet there are a few things that need to occur before you just start running....those steps are critical to your success...those steps, the preparation....the baby-steps are important, and will ,to a large degree, determine your level of success........And taking baby-steps in the direction of your goals lead to the more successful you!

In preparation for running a marathon, you, naturally, access where you are physically, what equipment (proper shoes, sox, running clothes etc) is needed, what training schedule to follow...and so much more...it's the same in achieving your life goals and ultimately your Ideal Life.

Every step in the direction of your dreams gets you a step closer to reaching them...even baby-steps get you closer to your dreams...to the successful you! Each quarter mile walk...mile walk....2 mile jog...5 mile jog...10 mile run....1/2 marathon.....gets you closer EVERYDAY to touching, experiencing,feeling, enjoying, living, completing that marathon! You deserve it..............

One of the most important baby-steps, which is also the easiest step, is to imagine your completed goal......Imagine completing the marathon, imagine living your Ideal Life- get vivid in your vision, write the narrative of your success...post it visible for you to review daily, read it BEFORE you begin the next baby-step...this is the "Start with the End in Mind" process.....when you begin taking the next step in completing your goal, if you start with feeling the good feeling of the desired end result, you should be able to say...I feel encouraged, I feel inspired, I feel motivated, I feel relaxed, I feel enthusiastic, I feel this goal is achievable and I'm taking action and it feels good to do so......

Having those feelings as you take steps will make those steps so much easier and exciting and more fun....than saying ok I need to get this done, or I better hurry and do this, or I'm tired but I knew it was gonna be hard work........sure you may still complete this but......living on purpose is all about feeling good.....and achieving goals feels good, right? I'm telling you that the process of achieving those goals (the work) can feel good also.....if you intend it so!

Your dreams are achievable.....you have the power to achieve your ideal life....to be the successful you.....and if you took baby-steps everyday in the direction of your dreams, you will achieve each and every one!

Question and thought to ponder:

What do I wish to accomplish? Do I have a really clear vision of my completed goal? When is the last time I reviewed it before I took the next step?

1 comment:

  1. I want to partner with a minimum of 25 agencies in Duval County to serve single parents. Yes, I have a clear vision. I took lots of steps today and the doors are OPENING!

    ReplyDelete

Coach Valj

Loading...